2.1.11 - Hi

Hey guys !!! I don't know if any of you is reading this. But i know one day i will surely read this first post when i look back to this time.

It has been a long time since i have arrived on this earth, 21 years 6 months and 18 days to be precise. I have been lazy since long, got disappointed at every failure, panic a lot and suffers from an acute shortage of confidence at times. Since childhood i have this habit of day dreaming, i always thought about doing various stuffs and achieving different things. But have i ever took an action towards fulfilling those dream? Naah !!! So, i have decided this is the time, the time to start my life again. I have spent enough time planning about my future, now i have to build it.

I have always believed in one thing i.e. "In the end it doesn't matter what you have achieved, what matters is how less you have lost in this journey of life." No matter what we do, one day all of us have to die. And when death arrives it doesn't ask for our educational qualifications or Job experiences. It doesn't even ask for how much money we have earned. However, it does ask one thing, the last thing that comes in your mind. "Have I achieved the happiness. Have I done everything you wanted to?"

Being educated and having a job, is more of a necessity than a want in most of the cases. What we turn out to be is not what we always wanted. In fact, what we always want never happens. As John Lennon said, "Life happens when you are busy making plans." Hence, i have decided to scrap this planning part and let the life happen now. I believe if you really want something you get it, you just have to take the first step, the invisible ladder appear by itself.

What i'll be doing here?

Well, i have taken a new year resolution. I want to achieve those dreams instead of just thinking about them, what i am going to achieve can be small like calling a friend whom i haven't talked to since 10 years or can be big, like publishing my first novel. I do not have everything in my mind now, so the thing is i will write down some of the ToDo's right now and will keep on adding more as soon as i remember them. I will try to achieve them, and will write my experience here. I don't know if i fail or succeed but i will try and keep you all informed. If none of you is interested then i will just keep myself informed. Let's start(the list is in random order):

List (as of 2.1.11) :

* Celebrate valentine's day with the girl i love for the first time in my life.
* Watch a cricket match in a stadium. (if possible a world cup match)
* Get my first big paycheck, and i want to take my mom on a trip.
* Finish my novel and get it published.
* Lose weight and reach the 72 kg mark.
* Call at least 10 school friends whom i haven't talked since 4-5 years.
* Visit Delhi and Mumbai to meet my friends from twitter.
* Make as many new friends i can.
* Get phone numbers of as many online friends as i can, and turn virtual friendship into real.
* Celebrate my birthday with friends for the first time since 2005 i.e. on 15th June
* I have promised myself, i will go home only after i become something my family could be proud of.
* To become financially independent.

6 Responses so far.

  1. Addy says:

    dude! You really gonna do all this? I have done the first 2 also the #5.......#6 to some extent....#11 I tried but my mom.....she emotionally backmailed to such an extent that I had to go home....
    All the best for all the points I hope you achieve each one of them!

  2. Meher says:

    It is important to stop dreaming about things, and go get them. And I think your bucket list is mart. I want to do some of the things myself.

  3. Anonymous says:

    Take hold of these things and go ahead. Dont look back, dont plan ahead, just do it. All the best!

  4. @Addy
    Yes bro, i am going to try achieve all these things. Lets hope i'll be successful.

    @Meher
    Yes, and with this i want to stop the process of just dreaming.

    @Nidhi
    I am trying to do it and i know you guys will be there to motivate me all the time.

  5. AldyWaldy says:

    All the best with those! :)

  6. chhipa says:

    A great article indeed and a very detailed, realistic and superb analysis of the current and past scenarios.
    Shop Towel

Leave a Reply